Because we have retail stores around the country we know that most problems are easily fixed so before we look at returns, let's see what we can do about getting your cartridges working
1) Installing correctly: Start by making sure that you are putting your new cartridges in not just accidentally replacing the old empty cartridges (believe me it happens).
2) If it's an ink cartridge take off the top tab first (if there is one) then the clip (but don't do this over carpet as occasionally a drop of ink might try to escape, particularly if it's hot)
If it's a toner cartridge remove the plastic clip and/or plastic strip
3) Whether your new cartridges are original or aftermarket, you always have to run a print head clean or maintenance routine after you install your cartridges. This ensures the printer is primed, clean and ready to print. Just find maintenance or cleaning on the menu of your printer and follow the instructions.
If the printing isn't clear you might need to run deep clean option or the clean option a second time.
4) If you are still having issues then call 1300 Inkspot (it's a free call) and speak to one of our lovely support staff who will do everything they can to get you printing. If it's the weekend, yikes sorry! But they are there from 9am Monday (we tried to get them to work 24/7 but they resisted the temptation).
You could ring your nearest Inkspot store (click here for store locations) on the weekend, most stores are open 7 days a week.
5) In the unlikely event that we just can't get your cartridges working and then there is a refund policy. It's pretty simple as basically in Australia, Consumer Protection Laws are already in place to protect you (on anything you purchase!). Here is a little extract which we use as our return policy (and should be everyone’s as it is the law in Australia anyway!)
Replacements and refunds.
You can ask for a replacement or refund if the problem with the product is major. Replaced products must be of an identical type to the product originally supplied. Refunds should be the same amount you have already paid, provided in the same form as your original payment. So if you bought a cartridge and for some reason it failed we will either replace it or give you your money back.
The business may take into account how much time has passed since you bought the product considering the following factors: type of product, how a consumer is likely to use the product, the length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used, the amount of use it could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable. So if you bought it 4 years ago and it is 3/4s empty we probably won’t replace or refund it.
What is a major problem? A product or good has a major problem when:
- it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it
- it is significantly different from the sample or description
- it doesn’t do what the business said it would, or what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed.
All fair enough
Exceptions to receiving a repair, replacement or refund. A business may refuse to give you a free repair, replacement or refund if:
- you simply changed your mind or purchased the wrong product
- you misused the product in any way that contributed to the problem
- proof of purchase is required (we aren’t the only company using our manufacturers so we need to make sure you actually bought them from us... but that’s easy if you did you can go and quote us the purchase date and your account name.
Let me give you some simple examples here... we won’t refund if they are empty, or if you have ripped the print head or chip off (don’t) , you left them on the 1000 degree dashboard of your car for 3 hours (yike... don’t... they will leak and melt) or if you can’t prove you purchased them from us (prefer not to replace someone else's stock.)
Returning the product.
You are responsible for returning the product. You do not have to return products in the original packaging in order to get a refund, just seal the cartridge (don’t want them leaking) and pop in the post to us or return them to your local Inkspot store. Easy.